May the fourth be with you, I heard this morning  this is a StarWars day. I have never seen a StarWars movie, I kinda know a few of the characters Luke Skywalker (Harrison Ford) Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher). But I have never been too interested in science fiction movies. I kinda followed Star Trek as a young adult because it came in reruns and ran during the news and somedays I just did not want to watch the news. There is a song that Anne Murray came out with back in 1983 called A Little Good News Today, amazing how these lyrics still pertain  to today news. 

I rolled out of bed this morning...kids had the morning news show on
Bryant Gumbel was talking about the fighting in Lebanon
Some Senator was squawking about the bad economy
It's gonna get worse, you see, we need a change in policy
There's a paper rolled up in a rubberband
One more sad story's one more than I can stand
Just once, how I'd like to see the headline say
Not much to print today, can't find nothing bad to say
                       Because
Nobody robbed a liquor store on the lower part of town
Nobody OD'd, nobody burned a single building down
Nobody fired a shot in anger... Nobody had to die in vain
We sure could use a little good news today.

        I use to be I guess you'd say quite the "PollyAnna", just newly married my husband got exhasburated with me and told me to get in the real world. Well, that went over like a lead balloon, I replied that the real world should get with me. That it would be a much nicer place if we all lived in "GladTown". Him not growing up on Disney like I was,  had no idea what I was talking about.
Over the years, and there has been quite a few, I have been worn down a bit, no longer believing in a "Gladtown", which saddens me. But I do still believe that there are more of us do-gooders than those who make up "SadTown".
         Well, I guess the meaning of this post is, that I try hard to pull the good out of whatever is dealt in my direction. I will try to always see a silver lining, I am still  trying to see what possible good can come out of this last Presidenal Election, YES I will say it on here because it IS MY blog. I am not a fan of Trump and I do not approve of him. I pray that he does not get to go for 8 years, actually I pray somehow he does not finish his 4 years, I will not wish him physical harm, but I hope they find a legal way to get him out of office. Maybe this is a wake up call to this country, I don't know, there must be something of value that comes from this, I haven't found it yet but will keep looking.
        To end on a good note, today's weather is Glorious! It's a perfect spring day. Go out and plant a flower...


Comments